Friday, July 19, 2013

Won my weight cut. Lost my bye.

Bidhan and I waiting for our plan to florida
to compete in IKF World Classic

Cutting weight is never fun. Every fight that I've had I continue to drop down to lower and lower weight classes. Now I know for sure where I'm comfortable fighting. 110-115 is a good range. 108 is a maybe I should hire a personal chief and a nutritionist if i'm ever going to do this again kind of deal. 105 is just not going to happen.  Half my problem with cutting weight stems from that fact that I am not good at cooking, and I'm even worse at cooking low carb, sodium free food that a weight cut requires. Therefore, I end up eating too little instead of eating stuff I shouldn't. It's crazy how you can work so hard to make weight for one day, half a day really, and then you try to gain it all back as soon as possible.


This time last year for my first weigh in ever
I was dying!

I made weight but for some reason I lost my bye. There are only three people in the division that I am fighting in so one person will only have to fight Sunday for the title fight, that was supposed to be me. Now I'll have to fight tomorrow and Sunday for my title. Initially I was pissed, but when it comes down to it this is a tournament, which means more than one fight, and taking the easy way to a title belt when my other teammates are fighting two or three times doesn't seem right. The girl I lost to last year fought three times to get to the title. I don't just want to have the title. I want to be the best.  

The fight skirt I made honoring my cousin and good friend that passed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment